The UAE Labou r Law provides for various disciplinary measures, which as an employer and an employee one must be aware of. Here's all you need to know about it.
1. Disciplinary actionArticle 102 of the labour law states that disciplinary rules may be imposed by the employer or their representative in the following forms:
2. When can an employment contract be terminated?
3. What happens in case of death or disability of the worker?
The employment contract cannot be terminated in the event of the employer's death. However, it can be if the employee dies or is completely disabled, with approved medical certificate given by the country's health authorities (Article 114). In case of partial disability, and the employee can continue to do tasks within their capacity, they should be retained or moved to such a job role, without any effect on their rights or compensation.
4. What happens if the employer or employee terminate the contract before its end-date?
If the employer does it, they are to compensate the employee with an amount not more than their 3 months' total salaries, or for the remaining period of the contract, whichever is shorter (unless the contract states different rules), according to Article 115. The same applies in vice-versa if the employee cancels the contract (Article 116).
5. When can the employer dismiss the worker without prior notice?
6. When may the employee quit work without notice?
If the employer breaches their contractual obligations made to the worker, or if they or their legal representative assault the worker (Article 121).
7. What are the rules on repatriation of the worker after contract termination?